Friday, April 05, 2013

Chris Brown Talks Drake, Frank Ocean Beef & Wanting More Privacy In His Personal Life


Chris Brown is definitely back in the interview game.
This morning he dropped in on Big Boy’s Neighborhood on Power 106 in L.A to dish candidly on his new outlook on life and of course, his new album. While there, he discussed his fight with Frank Ocean, his beef with Drake, and his relationship with Rihanna.  As open as the two were on Instagram about their relationship, it was surprising to hear that Chris wants to keep his personal life private from now on so that people can focus more on his music and less on the gimmicks.
Catch a few of those highlights below:

On His Beef With Drake
It’s not entertainment for me I think it’s me more being real and saying what I gotta say. I ain’t out here trying to go at him. I ain’t got people after him. I’m just chillin’. I have my differences and he has his. His music’s still hot. I would look like the corniest dude ever if I just stood up there and got mad every time I heard [his] record [in a club]. He gon’ hear me. I’m gon’ hear him. *laughs* What I’m not gon’ do is I’m not gon’ put myself in a situation for anything to mess up my career. Focus on what it is. Focus on your music.

On his beef with Frank Ocean

It’s in the past, some stuff went down but it’s not what people [made it out to be.] It was sensationalized, I have respect for his music and I’m not trying to go down that route. I do my music so I’m good.
On his decision to do interviews again
Every day is a learning step. For me now, not being so hesitant about doing interviews. It’s not that anymore. I’m damn near 25, about to be 24, I can’t live my life in the shadow. I can’t live my life being ashamed of who I am because I love who I am. I love myself and I love my fans.

On Rihanna
When was the last time you saw Rihanna?
Uh…it’s been a minute though. I haven’t got the chance to go out there and go on the tour yet ’cause I’ve been working, but I seen her right before that.
Are you in love, Chris?
Huh? I’m a lover man. Definitely a lover.
Are you going to fly out to the tour?
Yeah I’m gonna try to catch a couple of the shows. I heard it’s amazing. I saw some of the rehearsal shows.
On if it’s hard to maintain privacy
I think it has to do with how much we are in the public eye and how accessible we are. I think mystery is key so that’s why half the time I don’t get on my Twitter. I don’t even have an Instagram no more. It’s like the mystery is in the music and the madness. So, whatever my talent is, I want them to focus on that so I can be able to do my personal stuff without…I know the paparazzi is gonna be there but they ain’t gonna know, know, know.
He also revealed that he has a song called, “Put It Up” with Rihanna that may make the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...